A Program for Youth ages 12-14yrs
Open to teens between the ages of 12 to 14yrs that are looking to make a difference by volunteering! Junior Leaders will work alongside Camp Staff, acting as Volunteer Camp Staff, for our Camp Programs geared towards kids ages 4-11yrs.
Participants MUST be 12yrs old by March 1st, 2020 in order to be eligible to enroll
Junior Leaders duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with the supervision of the children registered for the program
• Assist with coordinating gym games and activities
• Assist with completing arts and craft activities
• Assist with tidying up snack/lunch areas; the gym; kitchen, boardroom and gym equipment room
• Assist with other tasks outlined by the Recreation Director and/or Summer Camp Staff
Sunova Spring Break Camp runs from 8am-5pm Monday March 30th-Friday April 3rd. The schedule for Junior Leaders can be flexible in terms of the days and times they are on-site. Please contact the Sunova Centre for more information.
Junior Leaders must:
• Show that they are mature enough to handle the responsibilities that will be placed upon them
• Model good-sportsmanship through enthusiastic, non-competitive participation and support
• Have the ability to understand and follow instructions
• Be able to take initiative and show decision-making skills
• Be present and interact with the children enrolled in the Summer Camp Program
• Be respectful of the children, staff, facility, etc… at all times
• Follow the Sunova Summer Camp Program No Cell Phone Policy
• To respects the rights of confidentiality and privacy in all matters affecting or involving the program and/or service
If these rules are not followed the Summer Camp Staff/Recreation Director reserves the right to
request the participant to leave the Sunova Junior Leadership Program and not return.
As a Volunteer for the Sunova Summer Camp Program you will be reporting directly to the Summer Camp Staff that are hired to plan and implement the program. The Camp Staff intern report to the Recreation Director.
There will be a Registration Fee of $5/Day to attend the Sunova Junior Leadership Program.
Each participant should bring a labeled water bottle, gym shoes, 2 peanut-free snacks and a lunch (we have a microwave) and weather appropriate clothing for indoor & outdoor activities
Space is Limited! Pre-Registration Is Required
Click HERE to Register now!
Please Note: Some work computers may block access to the On-Line Registration Form, if you cannot access it try it on your personal computer or on your mobile device! If you have any problems or questions please contact the Sunova Centre - West St. Paul's Recreation Site
Phone: 204-336-0294 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org