Thank you for participating in the Weekly Residential Automated Cart Curbside Recycling Program.
Recycling information sheet can be viewed by clicking here.
Household recycling collection occurs every Wednesday and Thursday.
SET OUT TIME AND LOCATION:
Set Out Time: 7:00 a.m.
Set Out Location: within 3 metres of roadway and away from regular Household garbage to enable recycling staff to distinguish between garbage and recycling.
BLUE RECYCLING CART
All items can be placed loose in the Cart, no need to sort or tie the items.
- Newspapers, flyers, magazines, office grade paper, phone books,Cardboard not larger than 1 metre in any direction and placed underneath or beside recycling container(s), either tied or untied
- Aluminum Beverage Containers
- Steel Food & Beverage Containers
- Glass Food & Beverage Containers
- Gable top cartons, eg: Milk, Juice Cartons
- Aspetic cartons, eg: Juice Boxes
- Pet#1, Plastic Beverage Containers
- HDPE#2 Plastic Containers, eg: Milk, Juice Jugs
- #'s 4, 5 & 7 Household Plastic Containers, eg: Yogurt Tubs, Ketchup & Mustard Bottles
- Labels, lids & handles may be left on the containers
Click here for more acceptable items.
*Containers bearing a HAZARDOUS MATERIAL LOGO are NOT acceptable.*
Blue boxes/clear bags that contain Non-Acceptable items will NOT be collected.
*If you have any items that fit into one of the below categories and you are looking to dispose of it in an environmentally friendly manner, click here to search for the appropriate recycling depot.
- Cell Phones
- Single Use & Rechargeable Batteries
- Household Fluorescent Lights/Lamps
- Mercury Containing Thermostats
- Household Packaging & Printed Paper
- Plastic Bags
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Oil & Antifreeze
- Pesticide Containers
RECYCLE MY CELL PROGRAM
Recycle My Cell is a national industry initiative led by the Canadian Wireless Telecommunications Association (CWTA) along with its members (wireless manufacturers and service providers) to raise awareness about mobile device recycling.
Whether you are upgrading your phone or cleaning out your junk drawer, a small effort on your part makes a big difference. Keeping your cell phone out of the local landfill helps the environment and is a good call for everyone!
Click HERE for additional information regarding the Recycle My Cell program!