Become A Member today!
Our commitment to you...
- Valuable networking opportunities through various events
- Advertising opportunities through regular publication (paper & electronic) at a low cost
- Ability to add your voice on decisions & issues that affect your business & community
- Free listing on the Chamber web directory with a link from our website to yours
- Free listing on Manitoba Chambers of Commerce web directory & annual hard copy directory
- Access to affinity & cost reduction programs – savings maybe enough to cover your membership fee! Several committees to volunteer on giving you another opportunity to meet others in a smaller setting
- Access to timely business & community news
- Resource for business information
There is no other platform to make those priceless community connections!
Check out our website here
and contact us today at 204-482-7176!
About The Chamber
The Selkirk & District Chamber of Commerce began as "The Board of Trade of the Town of Selkirk" on December 6, 1901. Merchants, traders, brokers, mechanics, insurance agents and others formed an association of representatives of the commercial sector of Selkirk.
On the "fifteenth day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and one", appointed Secretary Richard Cobden Moody (hardware merchant) submitted the request to be incorporated as a Board of Trade to the Government of Canada. This request included 35 signatures, most of which are the recognizable names of our city streets.
A petition for name change took place on Friday, June 29, 1951, seeing the Board of Trade of the Town of Selkirk evolve into the "Selkirk Chamber of Commerce ". As the boundaries of the serving area grew, so did the need to reflect this in the Chamber name.
On April 1, 2010, a petition for name & boundary change was approved by the Privy Council of Canada which saw the RM's of St. Andrews, St. Clements & West St. Paul officially recognized as being served by the "Selkirk & District Chamber of Commerce".