It is the responsibility of the well owner to carry out a regular program of well maintenance to ensure well safety and understand well water quality. Taking care of your well is a three step process:
1. Protect your well water at the ground surface by avoiding, eliminating, or reducing contaminants.
2. Inspect your well regularly and keep your well in good running order.
3. Test your well water regularly and respond to water quality problems.
As a well owner, it is your responsibility to protect groundwater by being informed and Well Aware, click Here to read more!
Sample bottles and request forms are available at the municipal offices for ALS Environmental Lab and Horizon Labs LTD for pickup Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Residents can choose which water testing lab they would like to go to which vary in price and location, below are a couple of options:
| ALS Environmental – 204-255-9720
12-1329 Niakwa Road E.
Winnipeg MB R2J 3T4
Central Testing Lab – 204-237-9128
Unit 9 – 851 Lagimodiere Blvd
Winnipeg MB R2J 3K4
|Horizon Lab LTD – 204-488-2035
4055 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg MB R3K 2E8 *Subsidized*
Private Water System Bacteriological Subsidy Program
*As of April 1st, 2018 the once a year subsidized sample price from Horizon Lab LTD. is $22.31 (tax included). To learn more about the private water system bacteria testing and subsidy program click HERE.
Private Well Fact Sheets
Click HERE for useful information about how to:
- Reduce the risk of well water contamination
- Test well water for bacteria
- Disinfect a well – partial chlorination method
- Disinfect a well – full chlorination method
- Understanding your well water bacteria results