A Program for Youth ages 12yrs+
The Sunova Junior Leadership Program is open to pre-teens and teens over the age of 12yrs that are looking to make a difference by volunteering! Junior Leaders will work alongside Summer Camp Staff, acting as Volunteer Camp Staff, for our busy Summer Camp Program geared towards kids ages 4-11yrs.
Participants MUST be 12yrs old by June 29th, 2019 in order to be eligible to enroll
Junior Leaders duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
• Assist with the supervision of the children registered for the program
• Assist with coordinating gym games and activities
• Assist with completing arts and craft activities
• Assist with tidying up snack/lunch areas; the gym; kitchen, boardroom and gym equipment room
• Assist with other tasks outlined by the Recreation Director and/or Summer Camp Staff
Sunova Summer Camp 2019 runs from 8am-5pm Monday-Friday over the months of July and
August (No Camp: Monday July 1st, Tuesday July 2nd and Monday August 5th). The schedule for Junior Leaders can be flexible in terms of the days and times they are on-site. Please contact the Sunova Centre for more information.
Junior Leaders must:
• Show that they are mature enough to handle the responsibilities that will be placed upon them
• Model good-sportsmanship through enthusiastic, non-competitive participation and support
• Have the ability to understand and follow instructions
• Be able to take initiative and show decision-making skills
• Be present and interact with the children enrolled in the Summer Camp Program
• Be respectful of the children, staff, facility, etc… at all times
• Follow the Sunova Summer Camp Program No Cell Phone Policy
• To respects the rights of confidentiality and privacy in all matters affecting or involving the program and/or service
If these rules are not followed the Summer Camp Staff/Recreation Director reserves the right to
request the participant to leave the Sunova Junior Leadership Program and not return.
As a Volunteer for the Sunova Summer Camp Program you will be reporting directly to the Summer Camp Staff that are hired to plan and implement the program. The Camp Staff intern report to the Recreation Director.
There will be a Registration Fee of $5/Day to attend the Sunova Junior Leadership Program.
Each participant should bring a labeled water bottle, gym shoes, 2 peanut-free snacks and a lunch (we have a microwave) and weather appropriate clothing for indoor & outdoor activities
To register please contact the Sunova Centre - West St. Paul’s Recreation Site