Commonly Asked Questions:
When are the tax statements mailed?
If a person does not receive a tax statement for the year, what should they do?
What period does the tax statement cover?
How does a resident homeowner apply for the EPTCA (Education Property Tax Credit Advance)?
I believe my tax bill is high, what should I do?
What if there are arrears on my tax statement?
What information with regard to my taxes can I obtain over the phone?
Other Information to Note:
- You may pay in person or by electronic banking through arrangements you have made with your financial institution. To avoid late payment penalty charges, please ensure arrangements are made so that your payment is received by the due date. PLEASE ALLOW 4-5 WORKING DAYS FOR THIS PAYMENT TO BE PROCESSED. PAYMENT MUST BE IN THE MUNICIPAL ACCOUNT ON OR BEFORE TAX DEADLINE IN ORDER TO BE PROCESSED OR LATE PAYMENT CHARGES WILL APPLY.
- Note: If you currently are, or become, an online payment customer, remember to change your account number (roll number) with your financial institution should you sell or move from your existing property. The roll number is your account number and is required for this process.
- Post-dated cheques will be accepted.
- Receipts will no longer be forwarded by mail.
- Your cancelled cheque will be your receipt.
- Pre-payments will be accepted.
- The Municipality is now offering Interac services.
- The R.M. of West St. Paul also offers TIPPS
- (Tax Installment Payment Plan Service) for the payment of your property taxes.
-A monthly payment is calculated by dividing your most recent tax statement by the number of installment payment (maximum 12, minimum 6) rounded up to the nearest dollar. TIPPS will begin October 1 of each year and continue each consecutive month until the account is paid in full on the tax due date at the end of September. All outstanding amounts must be cleared before you participate in the TIPPS program and prior year arrears are not eligible under the TIPPS program. Application forms may be obtained from the Municipal Office.
- The property owner’s name and address which appears on the enclosed bill is in accordance with the latest information which has been made available to the municipality. If, however, any ownership change has since occurred, please forward the enclosed bill to the current owner or return it immediately to the municipal office with an explanation. Failure to receive a bill does not excuse an owner from responsibility for payment of taxes nor relieve that owner from liability for any late payment penalty.
- All tax sales are final at public auction. There will be no redemption period once the TAX SALE, by public auction, has taken place. All properties with previous arrears, of any amount, are eligible to be sold at Tax Sale.
Now you can pay online
Who is TelPay?
- Get Verified – To verify your account, Telpay will:
- Email you a Telpay Access Number within the next business day.
- Make a small deposit into your bank account to be used as your temporary PIN (up to 3 business days).
- Need to receive a copy of the following documents*: a void cheque and a recent utility bill (e.g. hydro, water, phone, cell).
- * Telpay accepts smartphone or scanned images of your void cheque and utility bill.
- Call you at the number you provided to confirm your information once the above documents are received. Please ensure that your daytime contact number is a land-line. If you do not have home land-line please provide a daytime work number.
- Please allow 3-5 business days for us to review your account. When your application is approved you will receive an email with instructions on activating your account.
- Activate Your Account - Login to Telpay with your Access Number and enter the small deposit amount (initial PIN) to activate your Telpay account. This one-time step activates your Telpay account. At that time you will also be asked to create your own private PIN. Please remember to keep your PIN confidential at all times. Once you have completed your account set up, all future payments can be made by logging into www.telpay.ca with your Access Number and PIN.